We all have heard about Vista and its DRM features right? RIGHT? Erhm… No, at least I hadn’t really thought much about it. But… Things may get interesting soon if we don’t do something very drastic.Some points to consider for you:
- High Definition (HD) content will be artificially downgraded (think “fuzzy”) with a significant loss of quality. At all times.
- Device drivers must adhere to a set of “hardware rubustness rules”. Which are dictade by… Hollywood.
- Closed source business is here again.
- Oh yes, and you will need new hardware to play HD content. Completely new and dictade my Micro$oft itself, otherwise it will not play at all.
- Micro$soft has the right to disable any of your hardware at any time.
- And of course you can’t just change any significant hardware (what ever that means) in your computer. It will lock down. Anti-piracy you see. Because we know all home system builders are all pirates. Yes! Mark my word!
- There’s a good chance your hardware will become less stable.
- Obviously there’s going to be AES encryption all over the place, which will eat CPU and GPU cycles for you.
- Do you like sotware encodings (like Ogg)? Kiss them godbye.
Read this for the entire story.