Dag 1 ”Seven roads to hell” rullar igång i högtalarna och jag går ut på scenen. Natten är lugn, och det är bara fåtal kunder i...
Planning a First Brewfungrim
I’m thinking of starting my very first attempt to brew some beer. Seriously, how hard could it be? I blame it on the fabulous Gnoff, who introduced me to brewing, sparked my interest and, not the least, cooks some really good stuff. I mean, really, really good!
So what do I need? A huge pot? Ok. Some hops and malt? Ok, but let’s do malt extract for this first one. Hum… *scratches chin* There’s actually quite a list of things I’ll need, but thankfully, must of them can be reused elsewhere.After much reading at Swedish Home Brewer Association, I’ll try this:
- an american style ale (APA)…
- … but with some english trimmings (hops), lets say Cascade, Goldings and Amarillo
- dry pale malt extract
- small batch, say 10 litres
- liquid yeast
Things to decide later:
- starting the yeast on beforehand?
- hops in order Cascade, Goldings, Amarillo, but how much of each?
- one or two fermentation phases?
- priming method
The very nice Humlegården now has a shopping list saved in my name. I just need to add a bottle filler, fermentation barrel and optionally (probably, being a complete nerd) BeerSmith and I’m set to go. I believe…. Here’s to hope!